We Inspect the home as a system. We generally start at the roof and end in the basement. All components of the home work together and a well trained home inspector knows what to look for. We report on Major Defects, Safety concerns and we will give you a list of the maintenance concerns or issues. Below is a list of areas of the home we inspect as part of a general building inspection
- Roof Components
- Exterior Components
- Bathrooms Components
- Kitchen Components
- Heating Components
- Plumbing Components (excludes sewer system)
- Electrical System
- Exposed Structural Components
From the Attic…
Certified Professional Inspector Kevin Boyan is our “Attic Ninja”
…To the Septic
- We open the tank to inspect the tank condition, baffles, water levels and the levels of the waste.
- We locate the distribution box to determine the condition and determine if the effluent is flowing properly to all the lines.
- If there is a pump station we uncover it and evaluate all its components, we check the breaker and alarm located typically in the basement.
- We dig at least one test pit in the field to determine soil condition, inspect for a bio mat, look for high water and life expectancy.
- We load the system with water to determine if the system will function as designed under normal conditions.
- We confirm that all the water fixtures drain to the septic tank.
- We use the Easy Camera to view the lines. And a locator to find the defects.
We adhere to the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors Home Inspection Standards of Practice