Standard exclusions in the 11-month warranty check
A home is an investment, and it should be treated as such. There are several things that homeowners should do to make sure their homes are safe and sound. One of the most important things to do is to keep up maintenance on their properties.
Damage Caused By Negligence
A common exclusion in the 11-month warranty check is damage caused by neglect. This includes failing to clear gutters, eradicating pests, maintaining proper ventilation, and trimming foundation plants, which may lead to injury. These things are crucial to keeping your home healthy and safe for long-term use, and damage done due to these is not included in the 11-month warranty.
Damage Caused By Nature Or External Forces
There are several common exclusions in a standard 11-month warranty check. These include damage caused by outside forces such as storms or animals that may damage the property.
One of the most common exclusions in a standard 11-month warranty check is damage caused by contractors you hire to work on your home after construction is completed. This can be a costly mistake for homeowners who don’t know about these exclusions and end up paying for repairs that should have been covered by the warranty check.
General Wear And Tear
A home’s wear and tear start right after construction; this could be due to usage or caused naturally. The 11-month warranty check excludes general wear and tear, including shrinkage or other regular changes due to normal settling or the earth shift and soil movement. These fall within industry standards and do not fall under the warranty.
Appliances And Electronics
Many exclusions in the warranty check come with home appliances and equipment. The most common ones include home appliances, air conditioners, refrigerators, dishwashers, washer-dryer sets, and the like.
The key to getting the most out of your warranty is to understand what is covered and what isn’t. Here’s a list of some of the most common exclusions:
– Home Appliances: Refrigerators, dishwashers, washer-dryer sets, and other related equipment
– Air Conditioners: This includes air conditioners in homes, commercial buildings like malls or office buildings
– Refrigerator/Freezer:- Electronic Equipment: This includes TVs, computers, and other electronic devices.
The good part is that these come with their warranties.
What’s included in an 11-Month Home Warranty Inspection Checklist?
The exterior of a building is a crucial part of the structure and should be treated with care.
– Exterior ensure that all windows, doors, and other penetrations are covered with paint or caulking.
– Check for any signs of leaks around windows or door frames by gently tapping them on both sides
– The exterior check-up includes inspecting the surface or stucco for any peeling, cracking, or chipping paint.
– The inspector will also inspect for any loose or missing shingles.
– Inspectors also look for signs of mildew or mold growth.
– Plumbing and electrical fixtures are checked, and issues are reported to the homeowner.
– They will also inspect for any water stains on the roof and make recommendations on how to prevent them from happening again in future years.
It includes some of the essential items on a home’s exterior, including soffit and fascia.
– Whether your sensor is picking up a hindrance or not, it will display a red indicator.
– The water heater’s status can be checked with an easy-to-use interface that shows the current operating temperature, level of leakage, and any installed sensors.
– Take a look at the garage’s interior to get a clear picture of any damage.
– Check the condensation line, float, and filter.
- Homes cabinets are in good shape, and there is no damage.
- Check doors, light switches, switches, fans as well
- Walls and floors for any damage or visible defects.
Bathrooms And Kitchens
- Checking the hot and water fixtures and functionality
- Checking sinks for leaks or backup
- Check toilets, including vents, fans, and exhausts
- Checking grouts and cracks in tiles
When an HVAC inspection is performed, the inspector will check the registers to ensure they are blowing cold air when the A/C is on and hot air when the heat is on. The filters are checked along with signs of mold or mildew in the ducts.
Electrical Fixtures And Components
Electrical components can be found in various forms and sizes. There are small electrical components such as light switches and outlets that you would find in your kitchen or bathroom. In addition to these small components, there are more significant electrical components like transformers, motors, cables, and circuit breakers that you would find at the end of a long hallway or near a fuse box. All these are inspected along with the breakers, GFCI, and all AFCIs.
- Checking the water pressure.
- Check whether the hot and cold water is coming from the right side.
- Check for leaks in lines, valves, or faucets.
An attic is a place where people store their belongings. However, it is not just a storage space for personal items; it also has to maintain the house’s structural integrity.
The 11-month warranty check is conducted in the attic as well as other areas of the home. The following are some of the things that are checked:
- Damage to insulation (e.g., from rodents or water intrusion)
- Trusses and nailing
- Scissoring boards
The roof of your home is checked for loose/missing/damaged shingles, drip edges on the top, and inspecting vents/penetrations for proper installation.
Foundation And Drainage
The foundation is checked for cracks, heaving, and sagging. It should also be inspected for signs of water pooling around the house. The drainage is examined for signs of water pooling around the house. The foundation is the base of your home, and it should be sloped away from the home to avoid water pooling. Vegetation should be 6 inches away from the house to prevent a grassy lawn. Ensure you don’t put mulch near your foundation or drainage to avoid damage. If you have a driveway or walkway, it should be inspected for cracks and holes.
Is your home worth 11 months of protection?
11-Month home inspection with personalized service
MAIN CHOICE offers 11-month Home Warranties that cover you for ANY unforeseen damage in your home over one year of ownership. With our Certified Master Inspectors and an online scheduling tool, you’ll get personalized service at a low cost – no need to worry about surprises.
It’s not just a warranty; it’s the MAIN CHOICE!
Safe & Affordable
Please choose from our many services to find what you need. Let us help you find the best value for your dollar!